A Great Combination Cradle and Swing
After doing a little research on baby swings, my wife and I bought the Fisher-Price My Little Snugabunny Cradle ‘n Swing for our granddaughter. Both our son and daughter-in-law work so we babysit our granddaughter during the week.
After using this combination cradle and swing for over five months now, I can strongly recommend that you purchase the Fisher-Price My Little Snugabunny Cradle ‘n Swing. Not only does it put a baby to sleep when they are sleepy, but it also entertains them with the music and the moving figures when they are not.
Features That We (And You) Will Like About The Fisher-Price My Little
Snugabunny Cradle ‘n Swing
1. Stable Base – As with most parents and grandparents, our biggest concern was about safety. We wanted a cradle/swing that wouldn’t accidentally fall over. After five months of use, we can definitely say that the Snugabunny is very stable. Its wide base provides great stability! (Once you set the Snugabunny up, its base is about 31 inches by 38 inches.) In addition, the Snugabunny weighs 20.5 pounds which also helps increase its stability. (Please note that the maximum baby weight limit for using the Snugabunny is 25 pounds.)
2. Different Swing Positions – The Snugabunny allows you to set just the cradle/swing itself in three different positions so that no matter where you choose to sit in a room you can always adjust the cradle/swing so you can see the baby’s face. The big advantage of this is that you don’t have to move the whole cradle/swing around. You just push the large button on the front underneath the dome control panel and turn the swing/cradle to the right or to the left – – – whichever way that will allow you to see the baby best. Really a nice feature!
3. Different Swinging Motions – You can adjust the swing so it will rock side-to-side or back-and-forth (that is, head-to-toe). Sometimes the different motion is all you need to put the baby to sleep! In addition, the controls on the Snugabunny allow you to adjust the speed of the swinging motion to several different speeds.
4. Restful Music and Colorful Cloth Figures – Babies like to be entertained – – – whether it is being held by someone, listening to sounds, or playing with a toy! And the Snugabunny does a great job of entertaining a baby. Not only does it play different sounds (two musical tunes, bird tweeting, and running water) but the carousel above the swing has small cloth figures (birds and butterflies) that move up and down as the carousel turns around. Needless to say, you can also turn off the music, adjust the music volume, and turn the moving carousel “OFF” and “On” if you choose to.
5. Baby Restraint in the Cradle/Swing – The Snugabunny has a baby restraint buckle up system in the cradle/swing itself that you can put on the baby so you don’t have to worry about the baby falling out of the swing. When they are small, babies don’t move much but as they get bigger they become more and more active.
6. Battery Or Electrical Cord Operation – This Fisher-Price cradle/swing can operate either on batteries or by plugging it into an electrical outlet. You can insert 4 “D” batteries in the top of the dome control panel and they will provide operating power to the Snugabunny for about 3 hours. Or you can just use the AC adaptor electrical cord that is provided to provide power to the Snugabunny. We have never had to use batteries but can see the advantage of being able to temporarily operate the Snugabunny if we happen to take it someplace where there isn’t an electrical outlet (e.g., a park or the backyard).
7. Folds For Easy Storage – The Fisher Price Snugabunny also is made for easier transport because the swing can fold down. This combined with a lightweight of about 20 pounds make it easy for most people to take it with them or move it into another room when needed.
Fisher Price Snugabunny Product Details
The Fisher Price Snugabunny weighs 20.5 pounds. This means it has a good weight to it that is also supported by good size dimensions. These are set at 4 x 34 x 42 inches. This is important because it gives some insight on how it can support your baby and yet be lightweight enough to where you can move it around fairly easily.
The product itself is also very popular with customers. It currently is selling well on Amazon where it is the #1 best Selling Swing for Babies and the #17th best selling product in the Baby category. This is really impressive considering that these products have thousands upon thousands of products in these categories.
The Snugabunny is a very popular cradle/swing, and the Snugabunny was rated 4.3 out of a possible 5 stars by Amazon customers who had purchased and used it. Here are a couple of the favorable comments:
“ I don’t write many reviews on Amazon, but my wife and I felt that this one really needed one, especially since there are no reviews yet. We originally purchased a Graco Silhouette based on the Baby 411 book. After the first use, we were skeptical – it didn’t soothe at all, actually it made him more upset. We tried multiple times again, even when he was quiet, but to no avail. Every time we put him in, it was the same result – he cried. We ended up returning the swing and assumed that our baby didn’t like swings. Fast forward a month and we thought we’d give it another shot, so we purchased the Snugabunny. We’re so glad we tried again, because he loves the Snugabunny! He can literally go from crying to sleeping within a couple of minutes. It could be that he is now a month older and that he likes swings more, or but what I’d like to believe is that this swing is much better than the Graco Silhouette line!
Here are some of the objective things I’ve noticed that make this a better swing.
1. Easier to put together vs. the Graco Silhouette. It took about 30 mins to put this together, much better than the almost 1.5hrs with the Graco.
2. Plug in option. All parents go through batteries with kids toys, but if you don’t have to, why bother? This one plugs right into a regular wall outlet.
3. Much better mobile. This mobile is much more visually stimulating, especially with the mirror.
4. Material. This plush fabric is much more comfortable than the plastic-like material of some of the other swings.
5. Multiple swinging options. The Graco Silhouette model only goes back and forth, whereas this one can go side to side as well as back and forth. It’s always good to have multiple options.
As for the negatives, I cannot really think of any. The only downfall I see to this swing when compared to Graco’s line is the weight limit. This only can hold 25 lbs when the Graco can handle 30 lbs. Not sure what we’re going to do when he hits that 26th lb!
So there you have it, not all swings are created equally! I’d highly recommend this to any new parent or those looking to upgrade swings. We’re actually contemplating purchasing another one to have upstairs when he has difficulty sleeping!”
” I absolutely love this swing. I have no complaints as it is… cute, sits in a comfy reclined position, plush texture against babies delicate skin, has multiple speeds to swing, sturdy allowing you peace of mind your little one is safe, pleasant melodies and it plugs in. I’m all for any baby product that doesn’t take batteries, Duracell is getting enough of my money as it is.LOL. I have a baby due in Feb. 2011 and a 15mo old son that is into everything. Once the swing arrived I put it together and let him try it out. (I won’t be putting him in this swing again nor do I recommend anyone else doing so with a baby this age, it’s not safe as he could fall and get hurt trying to get out.) Just the same I had to add that tidbit in here since he loved it so much he went to sleep within 5 min of being in it with a sweet peaceful look on his face. Now that is a priceless moment that proved to me this swing is worth every dime spent on it. I would highly recommend this product to anyone I know that is going to have a baby!!”
Where Can I Purchase the Fisher-Price My Little Snugabunny Cradle ‘n Swing?
You can purchase the Fisher-Price My Little Snugabunny Cradle ‘n Swing on Amazon. This is a great Baby Bargain! The list price for the Snugabunny is presently about $165; however, at this time Amazon is selling the Snugabunny for less than $130. A really significant savings of about 23%. This is a very good price! In addition, Amazon presently provides free shipping to shipping addresses in the lower 48 states and in some cases to Alaska and Hawaii as well. Click here to view the Fisher-Price My Little Snugabunny Cradle ‘n Swing on Amazon, as well as to read additional customer reviews on the Snugabunny.
Where Can You Read More Reviews For The Fisher-Price Snugabunny?
The best place for reviews from people who actually use this product are on Amazon.com. Click here to read some customer reviews.